Saturday, September 19, 2020

How to be happy for others

 One of my NY resolutions was trying to be happy for everyone else, for their successes and for all the good things that happen in their life. And I do want to be, truly.. but.

I just can't help feel some way about it and as much as I try to tell myself otherwise- its true, misery does really love company. 

Take my relationship for example. Why does it bother me so much that he might be closer to my own friends than I am. This is a good thing right? But sometimes, I am just like WHY. Why does it seem like he has so much more in common with everyone else, like WHY does he date me then. hahah, its self depricating i know, and i know people would tell me I'm crazy, but I also know its crazy, which is why I have to suppress and it makes me feel even worse - having feelings that I KNOW i shouldnt have but do. 

It's like what Kim says too, some people just seem lucky. and its hard not to be jealous over the luck. TBH i dont believe its just luck, theres a sense of hard work that goes into creating those opportunities too, but i don't know... 

okay this was just word vomit, everything will turn out okay. it always does.

but if there is any advice out there, about HOW to be happy for others, to not be so jealous , i am all ears.


kthanks bye