Friday, August 7, 2020

setbacks

Last few weeks have been hard on me mentally. Life throws so many curve balls but why does it seem like I have it harder than other people. It's hard when you're putting in the same amount of effort as your peers but somehow they end up with the better marks or they are just lucky with where they get placed for placement and who they make connections with. Luck plays such an important factor, can someone who puts in 110% effort into their studies, placements, applications compete with people who are just lucky or those who are in the right place at the right time? 
It's hard to not compare yourself to other people's successes and its even harder when theyre your friends at uni or in the same group. I hope things will get easier and eventually i will find that light at the end of the tunnel if i keep trying my best cos that's all I can count on atm.